Benefits of a service over permanent staff
- Measurable service as per Operating Level Agreement (OLA).
- Single point of Contact and responsibility as per OLA.
- Contractual Accountability.
- Vested interest in service delivery.
- Employment risk of unknown resource eliminated.
- Stable and predictable resource skill level.
- Agency fees and hassle eliminated.
- No loss of service during periods of leave, sick leave, training and resignation.
- Service degradation eliminated.
- Managed resources and deliverables.
- Service is easily Up or Down Scalable.
- HR problems and issues removed.
- Staffing resource problems eliminated.
- Cost saving to company by eliminating annual leave, sick leave, training, company benefits and performance bonuses.
- Knowledge retention.
Disadvantages of contractors over a service
- No measurable service with contracting house.
- No OLA.
- Contractors much more costly.
- No Continuity of server during leave, sick leave etc.
- No knowledge retention.
- No responsibility or accountability.
- No single point of contact.
- No unified service management.
- Individuals as opposed to single service.
- No adhoc services and consulting available.
- Variable monthly cost.
- No value added services.
Advantages of using RDB’s service offering
- Measurable Service through an Operating Level Agreement (OLA).
- Proven track record.
- Full use of RDB's proprietary software.
- Proactive monitoring and alerting.
- Cross site support and knowledge between site DBA's.
- Unparalleled experience in the market place.
- Very high skills at a low cost.
- Infrastructure Professional Services.
- Infrastructure Consulting Services.
- Certified Oracle Partners.
- Full Site documentation and procedural documentation.
- 24x7 Standby with full escalation callout procedures as per OLA.
- Fixed Monthly cost.
- Certified database professionals.
- Proven technical capabilities.
- Proven database solutions
RDB’s value added services
- Immediate access to a range of Consulting Services.
- Additional and immediate access to UNIX/Linux and Oracle database professionals.
- Monthly Management Reports.
- Proactive monitoring and alerting.
- Oracle Partners.
RDB’s consulting services
- Application Architecture and Design.
- Infrastructure Architecture and Consulting.
- Oracle Application Server Consulting.
- UNIX/Linux consulting.
- Database consulting covering Oracle, SQLServer and Sybase.
ITWeb : Maximum uptime is critical in a globalised, ‘always-on’ business world
09 January 2013
Globalisation has changed the way we work and communicate as geographic boundaries blur and cease to be an issue........» read more
ITWeb : Niche outsourcing providers drive greater value, cut red tape
10 December 2012
Outsourcing has become a popular service model, particularly in Information Technology (IT) space.......» read more
James Symons, Executive: IT, Barloworld Logistics
"From the first time I met with RDB, they said “ James we’re here to add value to your business” and that is exactly what RDB team has done. RDB has stood by their promise to ‘maximise our uptime’. They’ve been accountable and have delivered on their original proof of concept."
Theo Nel, Head: ITSS Services, Momentum
"RDB believes in adding value to business… at Momentum we believe in people who believe in themselves, the foundations for a solid partnership."
Jaco van der Lith: (IS Operational Delivery), Database Manager, MTN
"RDB assisted MTN in getting out of a resource shortfall quickly. They provided us with skilled and qualified consultants at short notice thus ensuring operational delivery to our business and customers continued with minimal impact. There is constant interaction with the management team at RDB and any concerns are addressed and resolved quickly. In short, RDB adds value to our operation!"